22 October 2017
Sights

The Burg Blomberg was built in the 13th century and was rebuilt as a two-story three-wing building, after the devastation of the feud of Soest. Afterwards, it served as a residence for the aldermen of "Lippe" for some time. The ground floor of the middle wing was built in 1562 under the guidance of Prince Bernhard VII, while the top floor was built as half-timbering in 1569. The most important person was Hermann Wulff, an architect from Lemgo, who designed the inner courtyards' looking Utlucht out of white sandstone. Mr. Wulff was also involved in the building process of the town hall of Lemgo, the "Hexenbürgermeisterhaus" (former town hall, now a museum) and the Castle of Brake. Today, the castle is partly used as hotel and restaurant.

The former parish church St. Martin was built after 1447 and it was torn down in 1833 caused by the state of dilapidation. Today there is only left the giant belfry with its renewed (1846) spiral crown. In 1879 the district court was built at the point of the nave. It is a two-story building block, which was built with semi-circular arches. The building is now used - after the move of the district court into a new building, which is situated on the edge of the city - from the city council of Blomberg.

The Augustin Canons monastery "Zum Heiligen Leichnam“ was built in 1460 at the point, where once Alheyd Pustekoke had thrown stolen consecrated hosts into a well. As a punishment, she was tortured and burnt at the stake. After this happened it was said that the water of the well offers special healing powers and Blomberg developed itself to a place of pilgrimage. In 1468 the Augustin Canons from Möllenbecktook over the well and the built a monastery on the surrounding ground, which existed until 1536. The monastery church was a tomb of the aldermen of Lippe until 1769. In the choir of the church, there is the gravestone of the founder Bernhard des VII. and of his wife Anna. Furthermore, there are 19 coffins in two rooms at the tomb.

The Alheyd-Pustekoke-well, which was built on the market square by Hans Gerd Ruwe, functions as a memorial of Allheyd Pustekoke and the incident written above.

The town hall on the market square was built in 1587 by the architect Hans Rade. The three half-timbering pediments on the front belong back to 1830. On the top floor, you can find the town hall salon and the small conference hall, also known as "Wilbasen" hall, in which the grand "Frei-" and "Gogericht" of "Wilbasen" held their gatherings.

 
 
Distance from hotel: 14.4 km
Detmold is a city situated in East Westphalia-Lippe, a district in North Rhine-Westphalia...
» More


Distance from hotel: 16.7 km
The Bird Park "Heiligenkirchen" is a wonderful experience for young and old...
» More



Our daily best rates
 Single Double
22.10. Sun.  €67    €83
23.10. Mon.  €87    sold out
24.10. Tue.  sold out    sold out
25.10. Wed.  €87    €103
exclusive breakfast buffet 
Blomberg Info
Time:  23:05
Weather: 
Sun, 22.10.  11°C 
Mon, 23.10.  11°C 
Tue, 24.10.  14°C 
Distances from hotel
Centre 0.2 km
Fair 32.3 km
Trainstation 4.9 km
Airport 56.7 km
Freeway E40 40.0 km
University 51.2 km
Event calendar
No Events
Currencies
EUR/£0.87-0.06%
EUR/YEN124.11+0.24%
EUR/SFR1.09+0.00%
EUR/US$1.12+0.02%
31.05.2017 06:00h
Newsletter
We will inform you about news, events and offers.
  Print page   Print as PDF   Send Email